Sunday, August 31, 2014

A Plain Brown Crapper . . . .

I didn't know it until I read an article somewhere; but styles of hard-to-change household items go through different fashions too.  As an unmarried single, I'm more into Cosmo than House Beautiful, though I do sometimes watch "House Hunters" on HGTV.
 
Anyway, the article intimated that certain features of older houses might make them harder to sell: paneled walls, popcorn ceilings, brightly-hued shag carpets, colored bathtubs, sinks, and toilets, and so forth.
 
I can see how a self-respecting guy might not want to read and do his bidness while seated on a pink toilet; but light blue or green should be unobjectionable.  White is, of course, preferable for the porcelain throne.
 
But what about brown?  I can see how this might come up.  Someone requests wanting something in a plain brown wrapper; but it's understood as a plain brown crapper!   Anyway, I hope that they plumb enjoy the novelty.



12 comments:

Linda Kay said...

Well,let's see...maybe the bowl would appear cleaner for a longer period of time, perfect for a bachelor guy who isn't interested in scrubbing the toilet? On the contrary, hard water stains might be a problem. I'll stick with white or almond.

Deena said...

I think it would be hard to coordinate it with wall paint and bathroom mats.

Elvis Wearing a Bra on His Head said...

Not a selling point, even for a cheap apartment.

TexWisGirl said...

could be trendy! i'd prefer black, myself.

Mike said...

If you had that installed, talking about 'Brown' would no longer mean UPS.

Anemone said...

I love the outrageous pun you used!

John A Hill said...

Funny, Angel.
Sharing this!

Anonymous said...

it stinks.

Cloudia said...

The ear and the eye both enjoy change and variation. The color that POPs today will embarrass tomorrow. . . . and so it goes. . . . Find the things that please YOU.


“Style is knowing who you are, what you want to say, and not giving a damn.” Gore Vidal



ALOHA from Honolulu
ComfortSpiral
=^..^= . <3

Bilbo said...

I am rendered uncharacteristically speechless.

Big Sky Heidi said...

Me too.

MarkD60 said...

I think I'll stick with white....